Sunday, September 11, 2011

New Framed Art Piece

I am so excited to share with you a new framed art piece I made last night using the *NEW* Spice Cake Designer Series Paper from the Holiday Mini Catalog.  The beautiful colors remind me of a cool autumn day.  I got a couple of these frames from my friend, Molly, last month and knew right away they would be perfect to showcase each of the patterned papers Stampin' Up! coordinates so beautifully together.


The frame is a 9 1/2" square and I cut 2 1/2" squares of each piece of DSP to fit into the smaller openings. 



The center piece was a perfect fit for the new Leaves of a Tree stamp set (also in the new Holiday Mini Catalog), so I got out my markers and inked it up with the colors in the Spice Cake DSP of Soft Suede, More Mustard, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz and River Rock and stamped it onto Very Vanilla card stock.  I then layered it on the same coordinating card stocks. 



I will be adding this frame to my booth at NW Creations & Collectibles (or contact me directly if you'd like one) and displaying it on September 24 at a local women's gathering here in Portland. 

Stampin' Supplies:
  • Stamps: Leaves of a Tree
  • Paper: Spice Cake Designer Series Paper; Soft Suede, More Mustard, Pool Party, Very Vanilla card stocks
  • Ink: Soft Suede, More Mustard, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz and River Rock Stampin' Write Markers
  • Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Brights Brads (Old Olive), Paper-Piercing Tool & Mat Pack

I appreciate your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment