Monday, May 21, 2012

Big Top Fun Framed Art & Card

I've been meaning to get around to making this project *Ü*

I've been trying to find these "artist print trays" & my amazing husband found them when he was traveling back east at a craft store we don't have around here!

This framed art piece was so simple to make; I just took a sheet of Big Top Birthday Designer Series Paper (DSP) and cut to fit the tray (4x6 sections). 

To create the "sun" paper rosette, I punched 3 scallop circles from the DSP with the 2-3/8" scallop circle punch, scored the circles at the scallops and adhered one circle to another by overlapping the folding pieces.  I used a white jumbo brad to cover the center of the rosette, although I think a brights designer button would have looked great too.

I cut out images from a sheet of the DSP and layered it on to the coordinating image with dimensions (some pieces are double- & triple-stacked) to create even more depth. 
I also popped up some of these on the ledge.

Glimmer brads were added above the clown and to the dumbbells.
After I finished the frame, I went back and added various ribbons to cover
the handle - much better!
Matching Happiest Wishes Card
Matching Card & Gift Bag

I trimmed an SU! cello bag, inserted the card, and attached it to the bag
with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Stampin' Supplies:
  • Stamps: Happiest Birthday Wishes (Hostess set)*
  • Ink: Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink Pad
  • Paper: Big Top Birthday Designer Series Paper (DSP)*, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise
  • Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, 3" Circle Die, 2-1/2: Circle Punch, Scallop Edge Border Punch, 1-3/8" Square Punch, 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch
  • Finishing Touches: Brights Glimmer Brads, 5/8" White Jumbo Brads*, Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Daffodil Delight 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Peach Parfait 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon*, Old Olive 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon*, Real Red 5/8" Satin Ribbon*, Marina Mist 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon, Paper-Piercing Tool, Mat Pack, Paper Snips, Sticky Strip, Glue Dots, Dimensionals
*Hurry! These items are only available until May 31st, when the current Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalog retires

These projects now available in my booth at
NW Creations & Collectibles

Thank you for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment